I think I'll wait for the DVD...

0

Written on 1:04 PM by Jack B.

Unlike millions of others I have no interest in seeing Star Wars: Episode III. Judging by the reviews, it's the same old stuff from Lucas - bad dialogue and bad directing in an over-budgeted piece of junk. Where is the joy of the original Star Wars films? Where are the Han Solos, the Chewies, the Luke Skywalkers, the Princes Leia's, the Lando Calrissian's or even the Ewoks (I must be the only one who liked the Ewowks)? Who cares about that wussy Anakin Skywalker or his wooden bride. The only characters with any energy in these prequels are Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan and a CGI Yoda. If I don't care about Ankakin or why he becomes Darth Vader, what's the point? I still love the original trilogy but I'll just pretend this three never happened.

Also Douglas Adams's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is one of my all time favorite books. There's something about absurdist British humor that appeals to me (no accident that I love Monthy Python stuff). But I didn't rush to see the movie and will probably wait till it's on DVD. Based on the film clips and the reviews, this isn't one of the Lord of the Rings movies that is true to the spirit even if it takes liberties or To Kill a Mockingbird movies that it true to both book and spirit. It's just so-so. And I don't want my memories of one of my favorite books ruined by a so-so movie. Not for $10 (not including popcorn and drinks) that is.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment